Douglas Ridley is a communications professional with experience in creating and executing communications and marketing for internal and external programs. Doug’s unique skill set combines a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree with planning and execution of engagement initiatives through print publications, website content, digital media, and social media.
Top 5 List: Things you should know about me before you continue.
Sans the, I’m a hard, dedicated worker garbage.
- I think abstractly. I see the world and it’s relationships as an infinite number of webs that connect us.
- Some people would characterize me as being Asian; I’d use the #tag Korean. But either way, my cultural upbringing has had the biggest impact on my personality.
- I’m known to have a sarcastic and somewhat dry sense of humor.
- I enjoy good food. The smell, the preparation, but most importantly the taste.
- I trust first and doubt second.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns toward specific populations for New York YMCA Camp’s ten unique programs.
- Plan and implement marketing calendar and budget of $110,000 currently resulting in an enrollment increase of 24% since 2010, 464camper weeks, since 2010.
- Pioneered social media presence by establishing and maintaining profiles on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Positioned New York Y Camp as a leader in the field of social media through brand awareness, engaging conversations, and building relationships.
- Designed and maintain camp’s website, resulting in 58,730 unique visitors its first year.
- In 2009, oversaw rebranding of camp’s marketing and communication, including camp’s Bully Free Zone and tier pricing.
- Managed on-site NYC media outlets including WCBS, FOX5, and ABC7.
New York City’s YMCA – New York YMCA Camp – Huguenot, NY
March 2002 – Present
January 2009 – Present
- Instrumental in developing responsibilities and goals for newly created position in September 2008.
- Collaborated with summer camp, outdoor education, and retreats departments to create successful marketing campaigns utilizing traditional, digital, and social media.
- Generated conversation through consistent “one voice” communication across Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Utilized social media platforms to build brand awareness, strength relationships, and support individual marketing campaigns.
- Managed and directed photography and video for marketing and communication material.
- Designed and distributed e-mail promotions for camp’s unique programs resulting in 3,301 additional visitors to website.
- Served as association ally for top NYC media outlets including WCBS, FOX5, ABC7, Wall Street Journal, and Daily News.
- Secured local media placements in print, broadcast, and online including Times Herald Record, and Cable 6 News.
- Supported annual Strong Kids Campaign with solicitation material. Camp’s campaign raises over $200,000 and provides scholarships to three out of every four campers.
Day Camp Director
Winter 2005 and Summers 2006 – 2008
- Implemented and maintained all YMCA, NY Health Department, and American Camp Association policies and standards.
- Established open lines of communication with campers, parents, Director of Camping, and all other staff.
- Trained, managed, and evaluated team of six professional staff.
- Developed age-appropriate weekly programming for individualized theme weeks.
Outdoor Education Instructor
Fall, Winter, and Spring 2006 – 2008
- Taught all aspects of Greenkill’s curriculum focusing on student-to-nature and student-to-student interrelationships
- Assisted director as Manager on Duty during schools’ visits. Responsibilities included communicating with school teachers and administration throughout their trip to ensure their needs were met.
Day Camp Program Director
- Planned, organized, and implemented age-appropriate weekly programming for individualized theme weeks.
- Assisted staff with planning and running of special events throughout the summer.
Day Camp Counselor
Summers 2002 – 2003
- Implemented daily activities with groups ages 5 to 13, while building strong relationships with the local community.
March – June 2002
- Maintained NY Health Department food service standards including food preparation and cleanliness.
The College of Saint Rose – September 2002 – May 2006
Bachelor of Fine Arts Cum Laude
Concentration – Sculpture; Minor – Art History
References upon request